Pages

7/12/10

2 months old!

Wow! I know it has been two months, but there are still days where I feel like it's just happened yesterday minus the unhealed incision and soreness! Its so amazing to look through pictures and see how far our little fighter has come. I forgot to mention the other day that Thursday night he got moved from his isolette to a radiant bed, which is the bed a regular newborn goes into to regulate their temperature. It's nice not to have to look at him through plastic any more or open little doors so that we can reach in to touch him. Another HUGE step is Saturday afternoon they did a trial with him off the CPAP and he did great! He's been off of respiratory support since then. The only thing he's getting is high dose caffeine which helps stimulate him to breathe. Who knew caffeine could be good for you?! Now the only time he has a de-sat (drops his oxygen saturation) is when he gets a secretion caught in his throat that he can't cough up on his own, but once the nurse suctions him, his sats come right back up.  Its funny, the nurse today commented that he's much nicer to them since he's off the CPAP. well, DUH! He was tired of that nasal cannula forcing oxygen up his nose 24/7. Now he only gets fussy when he's hungry. Homeboy likes to eat! Even though he gets feeds through his g-tube, he knows when it's time to eat!  He had his eyes checked again today for ROP, they're still immature with no changes. Which is awesome! Hopefully, they will continue to develop without the ROP.  One more new thing is he can wear clothes now! He looks so cute in little sleepers! He's probably wondering what happened to his naked days?!  I came home and washed his little preemie outfits that friends and family have bought for him. Luckily we have just enough since he's probably going to out grow them soon! They're sitting by the couch in a bag with freshly washed receiving blankets to take to him tomorrow. :) 

I went to church yesterday before going to the hospital.  It was so nice to be able to share the results of Tripp's surgery with everyone. I'm so thankful for the amazing support system Joshua and I have. All of the prayers from all over are what is healing our little boy and helping us keep our sanity.  When I got to the hospital, after I pumped and all that fun stuff, I was able to hold him for a little over an hour.  It was so nice to hold him without 50 million things connecting to him.  He's starting to stay awake longer duringg his awake times.  He's going to be nosey like his Momma, he likes to look around at everything around him.  He stayed awake for about 30 min while I was holding him, checking everything out and staring at my face. He's trying to smile now too. Its so cute. He'll get one corner pulled back, relax, then pull the other corner back. Then he'll try again but wrinkle his forehead like he's not quite sure what's going on.  We've also discovered that his paci is his best friend. His nurse yesterday told him his friend needed a name, so she and Tripp named the paci "George". It was funny, when she first said George, he raised his eyebrows, like "OOh, George, I think I like it".  I love that we're already getting cute stories to tell him as he grows up.  We've been so blessed to have nurses that just adore him!

Ok. I think I've covered everything from the weekend. Sorry it seems like I have two separate posts in one blog entry.  If you haven't figured it out yet, English and writing was never my strong suit.   As always, thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers! We love all of you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment